ASTM Membrane Switch Committee June 2007 Meeting

june2007

For a copy of the minutes from this meeting please contact Committee Chairman Alan Burk

Action Items (shown in red) from this Meeting: (if you have completed please let Alan know)

  • F1578  Contact Closure Cycling
    • Alan to clean up draft and submit to for sub committee ballot by July 1.
    • Web committee to review comments by Oct 1.
    • Alan to submit revised draft to main ballot.
  • F2592  Force Displacement
    • Alan to contact Scott Orthey to make sure the typo on 2.1.14 & 2.1.24 are caught before publication.
  • F1597  Acutation Force & Contact Force
    • Alan to submit to Scott Orthey for withdrawal ballot
  • F1682  Travel
    • Alan to submit to Scott Orthey for withdrawal ballot
  • F1997  Switch Sensitivity
    • Removed reference to F1570 & F1597 & Fa from figure 1.
    • Alan to submit to main committee ballot.
  • F1762  Atmospheric Pressure
    • Alan to remove F1570 & F1597 from reference documents.
    • Alan to remove 8.4 & 8.5
    • Alan to submit to main committee ballot
  • F1681 Current Carrying Capacity
    • 6.3 change F1680 to F1578
    • 7.2.3 change to:  Adjust the power supply to the next current level, dwell for 1 minute and record the current, voltage, and visual observations (and temperature – when applicable) as in 7.2.2.  Repeat for each additional current level.
    • 7.2.2 change to:  “Record any visual observations of degradation”
    • 9.1.4 Ambient Temperature
      • Alan to submit for concurrent Main & Sub Balloting to make the above changes.
  • F1661 Contact Bounce Time
    • Alan to talk to Ken Gann for recommended changes.
  • F2112  Terminology
    • Ken will start reviewing and give a report at the next meeting of progress to update this standard.
    • Nigel to create a database structure for managing terminology and later possibly external referenced documents.
  • Precision & Bias
    • Color & Luminance  F2359 & F2360
      • Bill to ask Phillip about changing the bias statement.
      • Bill to contact Neil for lamp descriptions and add to draft.
      • Bill to send Alan updated draft.
      • Alan to submit to subcommittee ballot.
    • Force – Displacement F2592
      • Test switches were sent to Snaptron after testing by Denny at Labtech.  Walter will test samples and then forward to Bergquist or GM Nameplate.  This will complete the pilot test and then full Precision & Bias testing begins at Labtech.
  • UL – Component Recognition Program
    • UL-ASTM Web Online Conference – July 25, 2007.
    • Crystal, Ian, Ken, Alan, John, Joe, Denny, David, Peter, Bill & Jeff.
    • 2:00pm Eastern Time
    • Alan to arrange with ASTM Web Conference.
  • New Standards In Development
    • Luminance Curve of Electroluminescent Lamp
      • Alan to compare file that was submitted for ballot with David’s latest file to make sure all text is present.
      • After existing ballot closes Alan to submit to subcommittee ballot again.
    • Contamination Ingress and Penetration – Nigel
      • Questions for Scott Orthey
      • What is the typical way IEC standards are referenced in ASTM standards?  If portions of IEC standards are copied how do we do this legally?
      • Can we reference an IEC standard or copy portions of IEC standard and how do we ensure IEC changes are monitored in the ASTM standard that references an IEC standard?
      • If ASTM document refers to an IEC document do we have access to these standards like we do ASTM standards?
      • Examples of ASTM referencing IEC:  D202-97, D3801-06.
      • Nigel to create a Classification scheme for degrees of ingression protection.
      • Nigel to create separate test method for Dust ingression.
      • Nigel to create separate test method for Water ingression.
      • Nigel to distribute revised drafts to committee end of August.
    • Flammability
      • Alan to forward Brando’s draft for comment to active committee members.
      • Alan to forward Brando’s draft for comment to active committee members.
    • Interlayer Adhesive – Michelle
      • Alan to submit draft for subcommittee ballot for comments.
  • Existing Standards – maintenance needed
    • F1596 Temp Humidity – ramp rates needed.
      • Alan to clean up draft and submit to for sub committee ballot by July 1.
        • Web committee to review comments by Oct 1.
        • Alan to submit revised draft to main ballot
    • F2112 Terminology  – needs updating annually
      • Ken will start reviewing and give a report at the next meeting of progress to update this standard.
    • F2114 Typical Values – needs updating annually
      • F2592 & other standards need to be added or removed or typical values changed.   Need to create a word document of columns for easy changing.
    • F1683 Bend & Crease – separate into two Test Methods
      • Denny to make a draft of proposed changes for January 2008 meeting.

Site Search

What Is M.S.N.

Membrane Switch News
is the leading industry resource for press releases, information, communication and continued education within the membrane switch community. click to join »

Register

Visit Our Sister Site